Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe


Marilyn Monroe and her bosom companions Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon
"Some Like it Hot"
1959. Directed by Billy Wilder. United Artists.

postcard made by the Museum of Modern Art in New York in 2001

- - - - - - -
Plot of this very funny movie:
When two musicians witness a mob hit, they flee the state in an all female band disguised as women, but further complications set in.


a few movie quotes:

Sugar: Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!

Sugar: Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

Joe: [referring to Jerry] He has an empty stomach and it's gone to his head.

Jerry: Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something.

Sugar: Water polo? Isn't that terribly dangerous?
Junior: I'll say. I had two ponies drowned under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment